Plan A Timeline Of Steps
You can’t just push a button and have a full-fledged social media marketing program running full-swing. But management won’t wait forever, either. Give them an idea of what your steps will be, which may include:
- Time to define goals, objectives, and strategy
- Time to get trained on social media
- Time to determine team, either internally, choosing a social media consultant, or both
- Setting up accounts on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube
- Finding your existing community of clients, prospects, and influencers on the main social media sites listed above, on niche social media sites, and on established industry blogger sites (if you determine your clients are not yet on social media, you may not have a plan!)
- Time to set up your own blog
- The sequence of social media sites you will concentrate your efforts
- Time needed for listening to each online community
- Time to develop a following
- Time to create content, such as a blog (which is ongoing), videos, white papers, podcasts, and more
- Time to learn time-saving tools such as RSS feeds, Technorati, Hootsuite, Bitly, and more
- Dates of pre-scheduled progress reports
Write this timeline of steps on paper, not in stone. This is a working plan that you use every week, and change as you learn what works and what doesn’t.
See previous and future segments in the links below.